Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm

Property Damage

So you’ve just been in a wreck and your car was damaged. What do you do now?

If you have Collision Coverage:

If your personal insurance coverage includes Collision, you’re in luck! You can easily set up a claim with your insurance agent to have your property damage claim resolved starting immediately and give the at-fault driver’s insurance time to complete their liability and coverage investigation. 

 Having Collision Coverage on your personal insurance policy is essential when it comes to the timeliness of getting your vehicle back in its pre-wreck condition because using your own Collision Coverage to pay for your vehicle’s repairs means getting you back on the road faster. If your personal insurance covers your property damage, feel confident knowing they will do their best to recoup the money they paid from the at-fault driver’s insurance if and when they accept liability and confirm coverage for the loss.

If you do not have Collision Coverage:

You will have to wait for the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier to complete their liability and coverage investigation. This can take some time and you will be without your car longer, which is why Collision Coverage is one of Starks Byron’s Unrequired Must Haves. When using the at-fault carrier’s insurance to pay for your property damage, ensure that you report the claim as soon as possible so they can promptly begin the liability and coverage investigation. Without speaking about your bodily injuries, advise the claim representative of the vehicle’s whereabouts so your property damage claim can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Regardless of which route you take, you need to ensure that your vehicle is not sitting in a tow yard for extended periods of time, as you can personally accrue fees associated with this. Insurance companies will pay for a pre-determined number of days for your vehicle to sit on these lots and you will be responsible for the time beyond these days. If at all possible, move or have your vehicle moved to your house or a friend’s house where your vehicle can safely sit before any repairs take place.

With or without Collision Coverage, you may have a personal injury claim. If you were injured, call Starks Byron to handle your case.

Starks Byron Logo

1275 Shiloh Rd
Suite 2710
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Office: (404)737-6251
Fax: (404)994-1220

Call Us Today

Request An Appointment